Matthias Angelstorf M.Sc. Clin. Psych.
AEDP Level-1 Therapist
Certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist (ICEEFT)
Phone: 030 22 41 43 07
I hold a master’s degree in clinical psychology (summa cum laude). I have also studied and trained in Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Accelerated Experiential Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Schema Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Client-Centered Therapy, Focusing and Coherence therapy. My basic philosophy as is: Therapy does not need to be long. Effective therapy helps clients identify and resolve core which keep them stuck. To use an image: When there is a logjam, removing a few logs will often loosen up and untangle the whole thing.
I speak English, German and Dutch and offer therapy services in all of these languages.
I believe that therapy works best if treatments and therapeutic methods are tailored to the individual client and idiosyncratic needs. For that reason I flexibly draw on and combine the following the following therapy methods:
- Attachment-based interventions
- Behavioral activation
- Behavioral monitoring
- Coaching interventions
- Couples therapy/involving partner or significant other
- Dyadic regulation of emotions
- Empty chair dialogues
- Experiential imagery exercises
- Experientially accessing and transforming emotional learnings
- Exploring the historical origins of patterns of feeling, thinking and behaving
- Functional analysis of behavior therapy
- Limited Re-parenting
- Physical exercise
- Role plays
- Systemic interventions
- Treating affect phobia